The Faculty of Medicine. Chulalongkorn University has been founded according to the wishes of H.M. King Anandhamahidol to have the University of Medical Sciences producing more medical graduates so as to provide better health care for all Thai people.
King Chulalongkorn Memorial hospital
Acting on H.M. the King's wish, the government allocated a sum of money for expanding medical education. A second medical school was then established in King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, which belongs to the Thai Red Cross Society.
Inpursuance of a royal decree, the Faculty of Medicine was established April 22, 1947 and was officially opened on June 11, 1947.
On October 1, 1967 the school was transferred to Chulalongkorn University and renamed as " Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University.
Founded in ..
1946 : Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn Hospital
1954 : Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
1967 : Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Chulalongkorn University
1997 : Department of Orthopaedics